It’s no new fact that cannabis has a broad variety of edible and yummy products till today. Some product examples include classic pot brownies, iced tea, and other products made with cannamilk or cannabutter. Its versatility tends to really go a long way in helping us enjoy the various application such as consumption, smoking or herbal products (as long as you are disciplined with it, of course).
Among the most recent consumable products of marijuana is the new well-known “cannamilk”. It has a straightforward and easy preparation procedure with only a few requirements. If this is your first time of coming across this product, then, you need to buckle up as we take a ride on a path to render your taste buds mesmerised by its delish preparation methods.
Before we begin, you might need to understand the basic difference between cannamilk and cannabutter so that you don’t get confused or ambivalent in any way. Basically, the main difference between these two consumer products is just based on the fat content(s). Cannabutter has a lot more of fat than cannamilk hence if perhaps, you’re on a diet, the whole milk product is definitely the one for you.
As mentioned earlier, you’ll not need many requirements but you can opt-in one or two additional items to the various ingredients enlisted below.
- 3.5 grams of weed
- A cup of whole milk
- A container for storage
- A pot and a large glass bowl (you can use a double-boiler more preferably if available)
Note: You can also get a Cheesecloth or Fine Mesh Strainer to opt in the preparation process.
PROCEDURE AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Initiate your preparation by taking time to decarboxylate your weed (since the whole milk contains low-fat contents)
- Pour the milk into the low pot and heat moderately until it boils then turn it down to simmer for a while.
- Gradually begin to sprinkle in the ‘decarbed’ weed and mix simultaneously until they’re completely mixed together.
- Within the next 30-45 minutes, leave it to simmer again on the stove and keep an eye on it with a bit of stirring once in a while. You might notice a firm formed at the top but it’s all good as long as you keep stirring it occasionally.
In case you prefer to discard the plant matter from the milk, just line the strainer with the cheesecloth and toss the milk through so as to drain.
- Finally, you turn the new greenish-coloured milk into the storage container and put it in a refrigerator to cool for some time.
There you have it. Get your tongue into that chilled drink and consume to your satisfaction. However, you must not be unaware that the expiry period of the self-prepared milk and its original content is no different.
Here’s a tip before you go!
Did you know you can make Cannabis Tea with cannamilk? All you simply need to do is add the already-prepared milk and turn it into a nicely made, freshly brewed tea. Give it a try.